|Date Posted||January 27, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Project: Exploration & Production - Onshore Saudi Arabia
Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Duration: 1 year
Language: Fluent English.
Qualification: Degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An M.S. degree is preferred. A minimum of 10-20+ years of applicable unconventional experience with strong field development planning and execution, reserves and economic evaluation experience in UR. Will consider candidates with more or less experience, depending on knowledge and background.
Remarks: There are immediate needs for Reservoir Engineers who have experience in Unconventional reservoirs (UR), with field development experience, and who understand reservoir characteristics, reserves and field economics to optimize unconventional plays. The incumbent will provide engineering functions that will integrate with multidiscipline teams and be a major component of an unconventional organization to ensure its success.
Start Date: ASAP
• Create, design, optimize and update field development plans for UR plays.
• Coordinate all functional inputs to the projects and integrate with assets to ensure all requirements are met prior to execution.
• Document all future drilling locations for the next drilling cycle as part of the field development plan.
• Understand development of resource plays and the requirements to increase efficiency, improve operational efficiency and lower full-cycle economics.
• Interact with assets and communicate regularly with critical functions of multidiscipline teams, and coordinate their input in a timely manner.
• Well design for optimizing recovery.
• Reservoir and production surveillance.
• Integrated testing and flow back behavior.
• Postmortem analysis (drilling, completion/stimulation and production).
Reservoir Engineering Analysis and Techniques:
• Tailor reservoir models to unconventional reservoirs — evaluate analytical and numerical simulation models to determine how to calculate EUR estimates more accurately and optimize field development planning in UR.
• Production forecasting in unconventional reservoirs — optimize decline curve analysis and rate transient analysis to increase the accuracy of production forecasts in UR.
• Rate transient analysis, pressure-volume-temperature and flow regime analysis for unconventional reservoirs — optimize unconventional reservoir analysis techniques to improve well performance diagnostics and EUR calculation reliability.
• Use reservoir models to determine the optimal well spacing — combine reservoir models with EUR calculations, production forecasts flow regime analysis to determine subsurface spacing for unconventional wells.
• Completions optimization from the reservoir engineers perspective — utilize reservoir modeling, production forecasts and early production data to ensure the right decisions are made on completions design for each unconventional well.
• Economic analysis of potential development projects for drilling, completion/stimulation, facilities and field development.
• Authorization for Expenditure (AFE), project, portfolio and business plan, decision and risk analysis, and expense management and accruals/budgeting.