|Date Posted||September 27, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a reservoir engineer using classical reservoir engineering techniques with a special emphasis on implementing and evaluating waterflood projects. The Reservoir Engineer should have a solid grasp of reservoir engineering fundamentals, material balance calculations, decline curve analysis, displacement calculations, and economic analysis. The Reservoir Engineer must be able to consistently produce high quality work with minimal supervision and have the ability to work closely with production engineers, geologists, and field personnel.
Mid-Con Energy is seeking a reservoir engineer for its Tulsa office to provide general reservoir engineering services to a geographic operating area as a memeber of an Asset Team.
This position will analyze and screen reservoirs for original hydrocarbons in place, current recovery, and reservoir drive mechanisms to identify opportunities to enhance production and increase ultimate recovery. Activities include identifying fields or reservoirs to review, evaluating reservoir recovery efficiency, and preparing an engineering assessment of the potential to increase production and ultimate recovery including a development plan and the identification of potential problems that may impede success. The Reservoir Engineer will monitor reservoir performance including waterflood surveillance, injection allocation, and pattern alignment to optimize production. The Reservoir Engineer will prepare technical documentation to support reserve updates. This position will work within an asset team comprised of a production engineer, production geologist, and field personnel.
- Prefer a minimum of five years of relevant experience in the upstream oil and gas industry with at least two years reservoir engineering related.
- Experience at a major oil company is highly desirable.
- BS in petroleum, geological or chemical engineering is preferred but will consider strong candidates with engineering degrees in other disciplines.
- The applicant must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team player who is willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicant must be legally entitled to work in the United States.