|Location||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Job no: 780125
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Categories: Petroleum Engineering
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
The Reservoir Engineer is responsible for providing expertise primarily in the areas of integrated reservoir characterization, numerical simulation, and field operations.
· Optimizing base oil and gas sales through production/injection balancing and identification of workover opportunities
· Evaluating field performance through reservoir surveillance activities, including material balance analysis, pressure transient analysis, fluid characterization, and decline curve analysis
· Identifying and evaluating development opportunities, including infill wells, bi-lateral wells, etc.
· Providing input into Basis of Well Designs
· Building new simulation models, based on object-based geocellular models, and working closely with geoscientists while initializing and then history-matching the model
· Evaluating development opportunities through simulation studies, based on object-based geocellular models
· Estimating and reporting reserves and resources
· Working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
· Participating in Joint Venture workshops and Technical Committee Meetings
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Demonstration of Our Charter Values in Action: Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability
• Innovative and creative
• Articulate communication of work
• Receptive to other models and ideas
• Action Oriented
• Proactive - Seizes opportunities
• Practices attentive and active listening
• Encourages collaboration within and between teams
• Comfortable with uncertainty and with making timely decisions
• Fosters open dialog and comfortable sharing his/her opinion
• Works toward mutually beneficial relationships with joint venture partners
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Requires a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in either Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
· A minimum of 5-20 years' experience in the upstream petroleum industry
· Requires solid, demonstrated technical capabilities in the areas of reservoir modeling / numerical simulation (black oil, compositional, streamline), history matching, simulation work flows, depletion planning, performance prediction, fluid characterization modeling, SCAL data interpretation & manipulation, reserve estimation, secondary recovery, and economics
· Should have experience in operating company asset development and planning, optimization, decision analysis and reservoir management
Proficiency in the use of various engineering software such Eclipse, Prosper, GAP, SAPHIR/Pan System, PEEP, PVTSim and Petrel and extended networks
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
Applications close: 03 Apr 2016 Atlantic Standard Time