|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2016|
The primary responsibility for the Reservoir Engineer will be to support the reservoir engineers. Work will include maintenance of the team Aries database, creation and management of specialized MS Access databases and Excel spreadsheets, and pulling and compiling of data as required to support the production engineers.
- Consolidate economic cash flows, create one-line summaries and reports from Aries, change price decks, and update tables in Aries database
- Translate simple engineering tasks into repeatable programmatic procedures.
- Export/import data between Excel, Access and SQL databases.
- Write queries in Access and SQL to format data and build business analytics.
- Write and alter simple VBA and SQL programs.
- Assist with special projects and research.
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations for technical reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Math, Physics, MIS or Engineering required.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office products: Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and maintain MS Access databases and Excel workbooks with VBA macros
- Ability to develop and maintain Spotfire Analysis projects
- Perform simple engineering computations, including basic algebra, rapidly and accurately
- High level of experience working with OFM and Sigma Flow
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Successful candidate will be comfortable working with and manipulating big data
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment