|Date Posted||February 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
At Concho, we align our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities we support in a value chain that drives long-term growth. It is a collaboration that fosters a culture of partnership, diversity, and innovation, acknowledges and celebrates our successes, embraces change, and guides us down the path of an even brighter future.
We believe our employees are our greatest assets and are committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment where we can all thrive. At Concho, investing in our people has been essential to our success. We value the excellence in each of us, we face and overcome challenges together, we inspire and develop tomorrow’s leaders, and yes, we have fun at work.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for:
- Evaluation of development, periodic exploration step out scenarios, reserve profiles and profitability on existing properties or potential acquisitions
- Monitoring drilling results and prepare/update asset type curve scenarios for economic runs
- Evaluating and initiating exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers
- Generating/evaluating spacing test based on RTA, simulation, geologic, and competitor data.
- Recommending additional horizons based on geologic data and competitor data
- Recommending collection of additional specialized reservoir data, fluid sample analysis, pressure data and other information necessary to evaluate reservoirs
- Advising on operational activities from a reservoir engineering standpoint
- Building and/or updating simulation models and use these to generate forecasts
- Identification and economic assessment of drilling and workover opportunities
- Understanding phase behavior and use in material balance calculations
- Audits and technical reviews on projects at key milestones
- Reserve calculations, reporting, and documentation with corporate engineering and 3rd party reservoir auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; petroleum engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in the oil/gas industry; 3 years of specific experience as a reservoir engineer
- Demonstrated experience and competencies in team work, project management, and skills related to the E&P lifecycle
- Experience in oil and gas reserve estimations using SEC rules, decline curve analysis, production surveillance, and economic evaluations
- Direct work experience and proficiency with economic evaluation software (Aries experience beneficial) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be eligible to work in the United States indefinitely
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of COG Operating LLC (“Concho”).