|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Location: South Africa - Cape Town
Job Status: Contract (3-6 months)
Open To: All Nationalities
Job Overview: Working with a major Oil and Gas Operator in South Africa, you will perform reservoir simulation studies on several offshore fields. As a member of an Interdisciplinary team you will be responsible for providing high quality reservoir engineering support, in the area of reservoir characterisation, as well as undertaking Integrated Reservoir Studies and building reservoir simulation models. This is a senior-level position, and applicants are invited with a Masters in Petroleum Engineering and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in reservoir engineering. This is a great opportunity for a short-term contract in the glorious city of Cape Town.
The Company are seeking a step change in their portfolio management and as such this is a new addition to the Portfolio Management Team. This role reports into the Asset Manager. You will bring innovative ideas to the process, improving work practices and knowledge and experience of other team members.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- An MSc in Petroleum Engineering or a related subject essential.
- A minimum of 8 years reservoir engineering experience essential.
- A broad reservoir engineering background essential – preferably some of which with an Operator.
- Competent user of reservoir engineering software essential. Eclipse highly desired.
- Experience in Integrated Reservoir Studies (static and dynamic models)
- Some experience in gas condensate fields essential.
- Working knowledge of other disciplines (geology, geophysics, drilling, production operations, and economics) highly advantageous.
- Ability to quantify risk and uncertainty and to understand the impact on production forecasts and decisions essential.
- Strong analytical evaluation skills essential – the ability to utilize all available data and apply the appropriate analytical and numerical techniques.
- Personality and confidence to build trusting relationships across the Company, operator, and suppliers.
- Enjoys working as part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills – ability to listen and communicate clearly and concisely within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
Package: A Contract position offering a Day Rate of up to $1300 (USD) commensurate with Skills and Experience. The Company will arrange all travel and accommodation.