|Location||St. John's, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Reporting functionally to the Joint Ventures Reservoir Lead, as the Reservoir Engineer you will work with Joint Ventures subsurface teams, including other Engineers and Geoscientists, to provide reservoir technical analysis to support the ongoing operations and investments within the East Coast region of the Suncor Exploration and Production business unit. The fields include Hibernia, White Rose, Hebron and other nearby add-ons and exploration opportunities.
- Evaluate and optimize existing pool performance (property development strategy)
- Perform technical reservoir and economic analyses of incremental investments in existing assets
- Evaluate potential growth opportunities, including add-ons, exploration, etc.
- Provide support to production and well operations
- Build and maintain reservoir simulation models
- Complete fluid characterization and well test analysis
- Evaluate oil and gas reserve using analytic and numerical simulation tools
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in engineering is required
- At least 10 years of relevant reservoir experience in the oil and gas industry is required
- At least five years of relevant reservoir experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL) is required
- Pressure volume temperature (PVT), special core analysis (SCAL), reservoir characterization, pressure transient analysis (PTA) are a must; miscible flooding and/or water-alternating-gas (WAG) experience are considered assets
Skills and Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of key reservoir principles is essential
- Broad reservoir engineering experience including reservoir simulation and development planning experience in waterflooded fields is essential
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary integrated team environment
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions, conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of this position.
- This position is based in St. John's, Newfoundland in an office environment
- Role responsibilities will vary depending on experience level of the successful candidate