|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry's best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated and creative individual to fill a Reservoir Simulation Engineer position in Recovery Process Design Group on our Subsurface Technical team in Houston.
If your interests lie in driving aggressive development plans and growth projects while engaging in competitor analysis, surveillance, tactical execution and strategic planning across multiple disciplines (reservoir, geology, drilling, completions, operations and facilities) with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results, then this position may be the right fit for you. You will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to expedite and optimize economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the U.S. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneur spirit are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally
• Building numerical reservoir simulation and/or other models to support the primary depletion of oil and gas reservoirs.
• Developing and evaluating supplemental recovery concepts (water injection, gas/CO2 injection) for unconventional resources, determining key uncertainties & developing plans for assessing them (including design and AFEs for pilots/field tests)
• Providing surveillance and optimization design for pilots/field tests. Maturing and optimizing field development approaches from pilot/test information
• Supporting Business Units in assessing and booking reserves, especially IOR/EOR related reserves
• Performing advanced reservoir engineering studies through classical reservoir engineering, reservoir simulation, mass balance, well modeling, and PTA/RTA to support Reservoir Development/Appraisal Plans, and Business Unit activities
• Effectively communicating with management, reservoir characterization teams, engineering teams, operations teams, and other stake holders.
• Being a key interface with one or more constituent organizations, for example, Subsurface Characterization, Stimulation Design, Analysis & Interpretation teams, Oxy Domestic Business Units, and support organizations such as Land, Legal, and Regulatory.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in the oil & gas industry. Multi-functional experience a plus.
• 3+ years of IOR/EOR experience
• Proficient in reservoir simulation tools, such as CMG and Eclipse preferred
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically
• Drives for results that significantly impact company performance with a sense of urgency.
• Challenges the status quo. Pushes self to identify ways to improve and achieve results. Displays energy and dedication.
• Deals with ambiguity effectively. Decides and acts without having total picture. Welcomes new ideas & explores different approaches. Generates sound recommendations with incomplete information;
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
• Experience in economic evaluation, AFE process and reserves reporting
• Experience reporting reserves and familiarity with the reserve process.
• Familiar with other key reservoir software, such as PEEP and OFM preferred.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in Permian Basin
• Experience with unconventional reservoirs
• Experience with Nodal Analysis, uncertainty analysis and core data analysis