|Location||Houston or Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2015|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Reservoir Engineer – Reservoir Solutions
Corporate Services Business Unit
Sanjel Canada Ltd. is a privately owned, Canadian-based, international oilfield service company with over three decades of industry experience. As a major competitor in the global oil and gas market, Sanjel delivers two product offerings: pressure pumping and completions - each with our own broad range of specialized products and custom-designed and manufactured equipment. Driven by pride and recognized for performance, Sanjel transforms our industry-leading technology into customized solutions and superior job execution.
Sanjel is proud to offer an employee development program that utilizes leading-edge, career growth tools; including career planning and skill development. These employee development programs promote and assist with individual career advancement.
As a member of the Corporate Engineering Group, the Reservoir Engineer will report directly to the Director – Corporate Reservoir Solutions and will be located at either our Denver or Houston office. As part of a multi-discipline team, the Reservoir Engineer is responsible for executing all engineering initiatives related to the design and evaluation of stimulation treatments. This high impact, highly paced position includes both a sound technical foundation and excellent communication skills. This position is responsible to combine knowledge of reservoir development, and basin analysis techniques to generate quality solutions to support exploration efforts and reservoir development challenges.
- Abide by the policies set forth in the Company’s quality and safety manuals and is alert and aware at all times of their own safety and the safety of others
- Perform volumetric calculations.
- Generate rock properties from core data
- Generate PVT relationships from testing data
- Perform rate-transient analysis and decline curve analysis
- Perform history matching
- Support reservoir engineering efforts on integrated projects
- Become competent in the Company's unconventional technologies
- Work on integrated projects that engage multidisciplinary teams
- Minimum of a MSc with research focus on Reservoir Simulation is desired
- Self-starter with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good working relationships within the team and across the Company as required essential
- Strong teamwork, presentation, and people skills; in addition to possessing the adaptability required to perform in a consulting services environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to engage with team players and management in a technically coherent manner essential
- Fluent in Spanish an asset