|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||January 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Sheridan Production seeks to fill an opening for a Reservoir Engineer in our Reserves Group. This person would join the existing group of reservoir engineers and engineering technicians to provide twice yearly updates of Sheridan’s reserves for review by representatives of the private investors and financial institutions that fund this privately-held LLC. Additionally, this engineer will provide annual production forecasts to be used in business/operating target setting and investment/financial planning. On a monthly basis, this engineer will review the performance of recent well work to evaluate the results of the work. This person would also participate in other elements of our ongoing business including look-backs of operating results and analysis of potential acquisition opportunities.
Job Summary: Responsible for semi-annual reserve reporting including production forecasting for designated fields within company’s portfolio. Function as a team member in the analysis of potential acquisition candidates with operating, finance and business development personnel. As time permits, support capital projects with field studies and technical analysis.
- Maintain ARIES database production forecast, capital cost and operating cost information for use in semi-annual reserve reporting including complete error checking to insure accuracy.
- Detailed analysis of output from reserves system to insure conformance with financial and operating statistics.
- Track capital activities in area of responsibility and forecast production for inclusion in monthly project report.
- Primary responsibility for proved developed reserve determinations on acquisition evaluation team and support of operations in evaluating upside in PUD, probable and possible categories. Work closely with geologists, production engineers and operations reservoir engineers to determine a complete economic evaluation of the target including cost and revenue analysis.
- Participate in annual base property forecast and budget process. Responsible for forecast of all PDP records in area of responsibility including well review with field personnel.
- Work closely with Ryder Scott to complete annual audit of top 80% of reserves.
- Present results of reserves report to bank engineers on semi-annual basis and work closely with them in the determination of the borrowing base.
- Support information and presentation of results to investors at regular meetings.
- Present results of projects to Investment Committee of the company (the Board).
- Support the capital programs of the company by performing field studies to identify opportunities in conjunction with the technical team working the assets.
- Minimum B.S. in Engineering, Petroleum preferred.
- Masters in Engineering or M.B.A. attractive.
- Minimum of 5 years (preferably 10 years) or more of experience in an Oil and Gas company doing Petroleum Engineering work including production engineering, reservoir engineering (especially, surveillance of producing assets)
- Work experiences should be in onshore USA conventional reservoirs (specifically primary and waterflood production)
- Sufficient experience in pertinent basins to create a self directed work flow to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of log analysis, pressure transient analysis, artificial lift and sound engineering judgment.
- Working knowledge of SEC and SPE reserves guidelines with experience in reserves estimation and reporting.
As a key part of a small company, this person need have attributes that complement our fast-moving, wide-ranging work environment:
- Self-starter – can work without frequent direction and close supervision
- Works well under tight deadlines but does not need pressure to get work done during periods when things are quiet
- Works well in a team environment including willingness to contribute from their skill set whatever is needed for the team to succeed
- Likes hands-on, direct connection to operations and field work activities – likes to see how their work made a difference