|Date Posted||July 10, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
The Khazzan Project is a major onshore tight gas development for Oman and BP with 300 wells expected to be drilled over 15 years and production ramped up to 1 BCFPD. Production start-up is planned for 2017. The responsibility for subsurface interpretation and development planning in this endeavour is handled by our dedicated Subsurface Team based in Muscat, Oman. This group has already delivered a field development plan, describing a ramp-up of development drilling activity that began in 2Q-2014, as part of the Select and Define stage activity.
A Reservoir Engineer is required to join the Reservoir Management Team currently comprised of 9 staff.
The challenge is to describe and plan the development of a giant field having fluids ranging from gas condensate to dry sour gas, potentially covering multiple phases of appraisal and development spanning a large area of 2800km2.
This is a dynamic endeavour, especially considering the rig programme will ramp up to eight rigs to develop the field. A process for optimizing development occurs periodically to address important and inevitable changes that occur in large developments. It is a considerable task involving many disciplines. Reservoir Engineer will participate actively in these proceedings and provide products to the delivery of this task.
As activities increase, we expect the Reservoir Development Team in Oman to grow to a team of 30+ individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Accountable to the Reservoir Management Team Manager for :
• Prepare integrated subsurface models using classical material balance and numeric modelling techniques
• Recommend activities to optimise the production profile.
• Work with other subsurface team members to maintain a well hopper of drilling targets.
• Incorporate latest reservoir surveillance information and when new wells are drilled evaluate the clean-up tests to understand inflow performance
• Contribute to updates of Field development plan and other regulatory reporting requirements
• Work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
• Well rate and production forecasting in conjunction with the base management team
• Long term depletion planning and evaluation of changes to the development scheme to maximize value
• Input into the area development plan
• Support Reserves reporting process and documentation
• Support Reservoir Management Manager through technical briefings, provision of advice and participation as required to support NOC/partner interactions.
Bachelor of Science degree in Reservoir/Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
• Minimal 3 years of relevant industry experience – development and production & well planning and optimization
• Actively promotes a positive team environment
• Demonstrates respect for other people's cultures and perspectives
• Actively seeks and applies expertise and opportunities from the external environment.
• Bias for action - does things before being asked to or forced to by events
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Experience in Tight gas environments is a plus.
• Master degree
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.