|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||January 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow this link: EEO is the Law.
Working in the E&P Strategic Services Reservoir Technology and Optimization (RTO) Group, this position is part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for monitoring and executing Integrated Reservoir Characterization studies across all business units (onshore North America). This work involves working extremely complex reservoir engineering issues as part of a multi-disciplinary team to characterize the behavior of critical unconventional reservoirs. As a team member, this individual must work with a minimum of supervision, work and interact well with others in a variety of settings being able to manage occasional diverse opinions in a positive and constructive manner.
• Focus on the technical reservoir engineering aspects of unconventional play characterizations including but not limited to analog studies, type curve characterization, PVT behavior, volumetrics, deliverability characterization, and analytical and advanced numerical simulation modeling.
• Probabilistically forecast and optimize field development scenarios and economic performance.
• Provide these functions embedded within an IRC team as a contributing member and as an advisor to other IRC teams across the company.
• Develop new methods and/or tools to improve understanding of reservoir engineering aspects of unconventionals.
• Begin piloting and maturing methods for improved recovery of certain unconventional reservoirs.
• Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering plus a minimum of 10 years industry experience
• Well rounded reservoir engineering skills and experience
• Experience with enhanced oil recovery is preferred
• Experience with unconventional/resource play economics, production type curve analysis, material balance techniques, PVT behavior, pressure transient analysis, analytical modeling and advanced reservoir simulation.
• Probabilistic methods for history matching and production forecasting for unconventional reservoirs.
• Exposure to drilling, completion, stimulation technology
• Good understanding of petroleum geology
• Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Good team player
• Requires ability to travel.
• Requires a valid passport.