|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||0|
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Petrotech Engineer I is viewed as an entry-level engineer and receives training in various operational aspects of drilling, production, reservoir and completion activities. Works under direct supervision to focus on gaining practical and operational experience of oil and gas development and production practices. The Petrotech Engineer I is assigned to a mentor at the Oklahoma City corporate office, receiving applied training for approximately 12 months before becoming discipline-specific.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a full corporate rotation through each discipline of Drilling, Completions, Reservoir and Productions, receiving hands-on engineering experience requiring the application of standardized, documented methods and techniques.
- Applies knowledge at a basic level relying heavily on senior staff and mentor for troubleshooting and technical expertise.
- Demonstrates a fundamental awareness and beginner application of engineering design, engineering calculations, resource management, project management and EHS compliance.
- Develops a fundamental awareness of formation characterization, well stimulation, geology & geomechanics, nodal analysis, well logging/evaluation/testing, production analysis, drilling practices, and reservoir engineering.
- Learns how Petrotech Engineering interacts with other disciplines including Field Operations, Geoscience, Land, EHS, and Regulatory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program required, or
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required, or
- Master’s degree from an accredited university- Masters of Engineering degree from a program in which the correlating Bachelor’s degree is accredited by the ABET EAC required.
- 0-2+ years of related work experience required.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Basic knowledge of field engineering and drilling operations.
- Ability to give presentations and write technical papers.
- Basic knowledge of databases and able to learn new software quickly.
- Basic knowledge of project management process and ability to lead a work process.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and apply learnings across operating areas.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Field Engineer, Design Engineer, Compliance, Engineering, Legal