|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2017|
The Reservoir Engineer will report to the RE Manager. The successful candidate will manage reservoirs for optimization of value, contribute to field and reservoir development plans, and support other Asset teams to ensure delivery of annual plans.
- Create and maintain reservoir development plans, proposing new wells and well interventions on existing wells in order to optimize recoverable reserves for maximum economic value.
- Work with the Central Reserves team to estimate and book resources and reserves.
- Contribute with innovative development ideas and gather data for the opportunity hopper and assist with progressing them through the portfolio to execution-ready.
- Define and incorporate the necessary reservoir and well surveillance to optimize the overall field program economic value.
- Coordinate between the Reservoir Engineering and Completions teams to optimize well design.
- Post-appraisal of well performance by working closely with Operations and Completions teams.
- Production forecasting and economic evaluation of existing and future well prospects.
- Manage partner OBO data requests.
- Populate SOR tool to drive faster AFE’s and ensure handoff from Subsurface to the Execution teams is documented.
- Contribute to delivery of wellwork projects that meet or exceed BU-specific targets.
BS in Petroleum or other Engineering disciplines
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to handle complex datasets
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time to the field location in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position as needed
- Experience in ARIES
- Skilled in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (E.G. TRAVEL, LOCATION)
Strong commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE).
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas
- Software: DSG, Spotfire
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 25%
IS THIS A PART TIME POSITION?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "15-Jun-2017" ]