|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
This position is a member of the Business Development & Non-Operated Team in Anadarko’s DJ Basin Business Unit (Denver, CO). Candidate will be a Reservoir Engineer within a team environment working with engineers (drilling, completions and production), geologists, and land professionals to evaluate and manage the non-operated development interests. In addition to economic election recommendations, candidate will also produce budgets and forecasts for capital investments and production performance, and serve as relationship liaison to peer operating companies in the basin.
- Minimum 2+ years relevant engineering experience is required
- Solid understanding of reservoir engineering fundamentals. Must also have the ability to perform statistical studies and analyze analog data to support scoping field development evaluations.
- Experience in tight gas/oil for an oil and gas production company preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Aries and/or PEEP, MS Access, Rose, and SpotFire is a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers, management, and peers/equivalents at other companies in the basin.
- Technical & Economic Evaluation: Conduct Non-Op project election evaluations and recommendations (participate vs. non-consent), plug & abandonment reviews, workovers, 30-Day Notices (permits), and Drilling & Spacing Unit proposals
- Budget & Planning: Provide monthly internal planning guidance for budget/forecast/accruals/actuals (CAPEX, production, reserves), rig and frac activity forecasting
- Alternative Financial Arrangements: Analyze and/or recommend contractual terms to improve economics and transfer risk (i.e. farm-outs, divestitures, trades, carry and earn proposals, etc.)
- Reserve Analysis: Estimate reserves for current producing wells, uncaptured opportunities, and for performing SEC reserve studies; ad-hoc type-curve and well performance determinations as necessary.
- Liaison to Partner Companies: Maintain effective relationships with industry peers, host co-development meetings, share forecasted activity levels, investigate DCE best practices and trends
- Technical Presentations, Lookbacks & Reviews: Prepare and share periodic insights with team members and management, regulators, partners, peer operators, etc. regarding performance of Non-Operated investments via technical presentations, professional writing, and other effective communication channels
Bachelor of Science degree required, ideally in Petroleum Engineering.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position may is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.