|Date Posted||May 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
The Khazzan Project is a major onshore tight gas development for Oman and BP with 300 wells expected to be drilled over 15 years and production ramped up to 1 BCFPD. Production start-up is planned for 2017. The responsibility for subsurface interpretation and development planning in this endeavour is handled by our dedicated Subsurface Team based in Muscat, Oman. This group has already delivered a field development plan, describing a ramp-up of development drilling activity that began in 2Q-2014, as part of the Select and Define stage activity.
A Reservoir Engineer is required to join the Reservoir Management Team currently comprised of 9 staff.
The challenge is to describe and plan the development of a giant field having fluids ranging from gas condensate to dry sour gas, potentially covering multiple phases of appraisal and development spanning a large area of 2800km2.
This is a dynamic endeavour, especially considering the rig programme will ramp up to eight rigs to develop the field. A process for optimizing development occurs periodically to address important and inevitable changes that occur in large developments. It is a considerable task involving many disciplines. Reservoir Engineer will participate actively in these proceedings and provide products to the delivery of this task.
As activities increase, we expect the Reservoir Development Team in Oman to grow to a team of 30+ individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Accountable to the Reservoir Management Team Manager for :
- Prepare integrated subsurface models using classical material balance and numeric modelling techniques
- Recommend activities to optimise the production profile.
- Work with other subsurface team members to maintain a well hopper of drilling targets.
- Incorporate latest reservoir surveillance information and when new wells are drilled evaluate the clean-up tests to understand inflow performance
- Contribute to updates of Field development plan and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Well rate and production forecasting in conjunction with the base management team
- Long term depletion planning and evaluation of changes to the development scheme to maximize value
- Input into the area development plan
- Support Reserves reporting process and documentation
- Support Reservoir Management Manager through technical briefings, provision of advice and participation as required to support NOC/partner interactions.
Bachelor of Science degree in Reservoir/Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
- This role is only open to Omani nationals.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience – development and production & well planning and optimization.
- Competent technical contributor with suitable experience in reservoir development, and subsurface integration.
- Competent in reservoir simulation
- Competent in PVT sampling and analysis
- Competent in Pressure transient analysis (PTA)
- Strong background in classical reservoir engineering techniques and methods
- Competent in data integration and reservoir management
- An ability to work with subsurface uncertainty and managing its impact on project is essential.
- An ability to plan and adapt work programmes to business needs the quality of various data and available time and resources.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to interact with a broad range of technical specialists
- An ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team (geologists, petroleum engineers, drilling engineers etc.) to create integrated products and broad understanding.
- Ability to communicate results and interpretations to management and partners.
- Actively promotes a positive team environment
- Demonstrates respect for other people's cultures and perspectives
- Actively seeks and applies expertise and opportunities from the external environment.
- Bias for action - does things before being asked to or forced to by events
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Strong commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE).
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Experience in Tight gas environments is advantageous.
Master of science qualification would be beneficial.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at BP US Application Assistance BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com Telephone: 281.366.1999