|Date Posted||July 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Position Location : Muscat Principles and Accountabilities :
- Prepares budgetary information as requested by Manager of Exploration and Development.
- Manages a continuing series of programs to undertake economic analyses of the field and determine type of subsurface development that should be utilized. Undertakes extensive planning as to how and where to drill well series based on findings and estimation of the field’s future potential. Undertakes programs as an iterative process for the development of the field.
- Identifies the number and type of wells to be drilled to meet the Company’s plans. Specifies the well types to be drilled.
- Makes presentations of reservoir engineering aspects to Senior Management, shareholders, auditors, and Ministry of Oil and Gas as required.
- Produces reports as a result of the work of the team on reservoir capacity, flow, pressure, field dynamics fluid profiles, oil and gas and water outputs and water inputs.
- Contributes to the overall filed development plan on a regular basis and continually updates the field profiles for Engineers.
- Make technical contribution to Company’s production and reserves growth through delivering quality 3D history matched dynamic models for the appropriate purposes.
- Use different production forecasting techniques (e.g. analytical, decline, simulation) to predict well performance.
- Predicts and optimize the performance of waterflood development in different reservoir conditions and geological settings.
- Identify the necessary well-specific data gathering needs required to calibrate dynamic simulation models and reduce overall model uncertainties.
- Support in the design laboratory studies for reservoir fluids and core samples.
- Contribute to reservoir engineering input to well-pick sessions and well proposals.
- Provide support to daily drilling operations and production activities.
- Follows all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times.
- Coach a less experience staff as instructed by the E&D Manager
University degree in petroleum engineering or relevant technical discipline.
Minimum Work experience:
At least 3 to 6 years experience in sector and full-field reservoir simulation work for carbonate reservoirs
Skills & Competencies Required/Know How:
- Good team spirit and motivated to work with multi-discipline and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong trouble-shooting IT skills with dynamic simulators (e.g. Eclipse), good working experience with large spreadsheets (e.g. Excel),
- Strong analytical skills, good working knowledge of uncertainty and risk analysis and good presentation skills.
- A fair knowledge of written and spoken English is required.