|Location||Moscow, Russian Federation|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
The position of Reservoir Engineer will be in the BP Russia Reservoir Development team, based in Moscow, reporting to the Manager of Reservoir Management. The team is responsible for evaluating new business development opportunities. Our interests in Russia range from frontier exploration to giant mature water-floods and from low-perm carbonates to viscous oilrim developments and high-perm gas.
BP Reservoir Development Function stewards the resource portfolio, advising on the quality of our resource and integrating production management.
The successful candidate will provide reservoir engineering analyses across our Russian business, applying core skills to support reservoir management, base management, new well delivery and area development planning.
- Support field development planning, including alternative depletion strategies and reservoir management plans.
- Provide reservoir and well performance analysis and predictions based on classical engineering (including material balance and PBU analysis), mechanistic models and 3D simulation studies.
- Develop appropriate development concepts for exploration licence and prospect evaluations based on analogue and best practice assumptions.
- Support risk identification and management process throughout appraisal and development phases of projects.
- Support reserves & resource estimation and reporting processes.
- Develop a deep understanding of how BP works in the areas or reservoir engineering and field development planning.
- Participate in global BP networks.
University Degree or Masters in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 6 years industry experience in reservoir engineering.
- Understanding of reservoir simulation and modelling, waterflooding, surveillance planning/ analysis, production & reserves forecasting.
- Good interdisciplinary awareness across subsurface, wells, facilities & finance.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with others – within BP disciplines/ networks and with external partners.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Based in Moscow with travel to the regions as necessary.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Communicate effectively in Russian and English.
- A strong commitment to Health, Safety, Security and- Environment (HSSE).
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.