|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||May 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
- This position is responsible for providing reservoir engineering support for maximizing economic recovery from producing properties.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Completes reservoir engineering assignments of a broad scope and moderate difficulty.
- Develops oil and gas reserve estimates and future production schedules.
- Coordinates efficient exploitation of reserves and initiates supplemental recovery methods in assigned areas.
- Develops forecast for production flow streams and CO2 injection demand for yearly budget and long range outlook.
- Instrumental in identifying and AFE level scoping of CO2 flood expansion and development opportunities.
- Participates in pattern review meeting and controls pattern switch list to improve CO2 utilization.
- Bachelor degree in petroleum or chemical engineering.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- 7-10 years of oil & gas reservoir engineering experience. CO2 flood experience is a plus.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Participates in defining engineering approaches and in planning and scheduling work
- Performs engineering assignments which represent a significant portion of a larger project
- Schedules and coordinates major segments of projects
- Reviews design and documentation to ensure compliance
- Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower, cost estimates, and develops Engineering criteria
- Significantly contributes to meeting business objectives by generating and implementing project ideas
- DSS - working knowledge of Production Management Software.
- Predominantly office environment, some travel to field operations.
- Primarily office
- Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays as needed.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Experience with CO2 miscible flood development and operations.
- Experience with CO2 flood performance forecasting software like, Scale-up etc.
- Other responsibilities:
- Special projects as required.