|Date Posted||October 4, 2015|
The Reservoir Engineer will work as part of the Geothermal Production Analysis team in analyzing production and injection data, developing data-management improvement recommendations, conducting reservoir and steam gathering system performance evaluations for optimum field development and building simulation models for field performance studies. The ideal candidate will have had experience in data-driven analytics for reservoir and production optimization. We are particularly interested in individuals who have experience translating the outputs of numerical simulation into field operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Reservoir modeling of hydrothermal systems:
o Use of advanced flow modeling software for probabilistic history matching, forecasting, and optimization
o Guide workflows, with the reservoir engineering and geoscience teams
• Build and maintain calibrated numerical simulation models of the reservoir-pipeline-power plant geothermal system.
• Use simulation model to forecast steam flows under different operational scenarios.
• Provide support on forecasts of future capital improvements, generation and revenues.
• Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of reservoir data and technology relevant to Geysers field management.
• Participate in the evaluation of exploration, development and acquisition opportunities.
• Maintain general awareness of other geothermal fields and regions.
• Use advanced data mining, pattern recognition and machine learning to reservoir modeling, history matching and production optimization.
• Work location is in Northern California (at The Geysers facility with some flexibility to work in Calpine’s West Region office in Dublin, California)
• Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving.
• Familiar with data-management systems (e.g. SQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access, geodatabase etc)
• Familiar with geological and reservoir engineering applications (e.g. GOCAD/SKUA, Petrel, Eclipse, VIP, Tetrad, STAR, TOUGH2, etc)
• Experience in programming languages (e.g. Fortran, C\C++, Python, etc)
• Comfortable operating in a data-intense environment.
• Familiar with the IT/IS aspects of reservoir modeling; skilled with commercially available reservoir modeling applications and/or proprietary model development.
• Experience in geothermal production strongly preferred.