|Date Posted||August 25, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Preparing well data sheets;
Designing and selecting well-head equipment;
Drawing up drilling programs, taking account of desired production flow rates;
Obtaining relevant data, carrying out engineering analysis on site and recommending necessary actions and writing up reports;
Monitoring the daily progress of well operations;
Keeping track of current daily costs, comparing actual costs with expenditure proposals and recommending cost-effective changes;
Liaising with specialist contractors and suppliers, such as cement companies or suppliers of drilling fluids;
Monitoring safety and ensuring the good maintenance of the well;
Adhering to environmental protection standards, in some cases through direct discussion with local governments to ensure compliance with legislative requirements;
Establishing and administering drilling and service contracts;
Coordinating and supervising the work of the drilling team;
Undertaking engineering design and the planning of wells (including development work);
Designing directional well paths (horizontally or multi-laterally, as appropriate);
Managing operations on behalf of small clients;
Contributing to conceptual field development design;
Working with multidisciplinary professionals to evaluate the commercial viability of the well and monitor progress during drilling;
Returning the site to its natural environmental setting if drilling is not to be pursued.
- Reservoir surveillance of existing company properties to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization of production rates and reserves.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Work with teams to evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploitation and exploration operations.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans.
- Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish reserve revisions as appropriate for quarterly reporting and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
DUTIES: Design, supervise, and interpret drill stem tests (DST) on exploration and development wells; perform oil reservoir engineering functions including pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, material balance, black oil reservoir simulation, OWC (oil water contact) analysis, and economic evaluation using petroleum engineering software; perform probabilistic reservoir estimations and build field development plans; follow up the drilling operations of development wells and analyze the petrophysical interpretation to select the zones to be tested; recommend and interpret PVT analysis; analyze fluid properties to predict fluid behavior and estimate its impact on production characteristics
MSc of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related field required.
10 years of reservoir engineering experience
Experience with generating development plans for unconventional reservoirs.
Experience reporting reserves and familiarity with the reserve process.
Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines
Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
Strong communication skills with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others