|Location||Spring, United States|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2018|
Job Role Summary The ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company located in Spring, Texas is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to provide reservoir engineering technical support and expertise to develop and deploy technologies supporting oil and gas development projects and production operations. The candidates will be responsible for working with multi-discipline teams, leveraging fundamental reservoir engineering skills in reservoir simulation and characterization.
Job Role Responsibilities • Building, testing, and/or execution of new reservoir engineering or simulation workflows
• Identifying key reservoir uncertainties and providing recommendations to mitigate risks
• Improving reservoir description through fluid analysis, core evaluation, well testing interpretation, and production performance analysis
• Conducting production forecasts to support development/depletion planning and production optimization opportunities
Job Requirements Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-discipline team. Demonstrated teamwork, communication and leadership skills are essential. Candidate should be flexible with regard to international travel and potential relocation for overseas project assignments. Technical skill requirements are as follows:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - preferably Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Reservoir Engineering
• Experience in reservoir simulation, including developing and updating/history matching models, is required.
• Previous experience in pressure transient analysis, fluid and/or core analysis, analytical performance prediction, asset development and depletion planning, reserves assessment, reservoir surveillance & optimization, and volumes forecasting are preferred.
• Experience in unconventional resources (specifically tight/shale oil or gas) will provide additional advantage.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Reservoir Engineer
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.