|Date Posted||October 24, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
WTS Energy is looking for a Reservoir Engineer to work in Oman on a full-time permanent contract. The client is an international E&P operator.
Handles production monitoring, allocation and reporting for project site, including tracking deferred and lost production: is the custodian of the Block 8 production data. Generate production forecasts guided by the results of reservoir studies. Handles well and reservoir management reporting to MOG.
- Production Data Gathering & System Input
- On a daily basis, extracts, QC’s and records the information from the offshore and onshore plant daily reports and the platform real-time data which is required to allocate production between fields and wells.
- Quality Control of Production Data
- Prepares the weekly and monthly production reports which are distributed internally, to partners and to MOG. Prepares summaries of the monthly LPG and gas sales volumes which are used to generate the invoices.
- Maintains the definitive record of historical Block 8 production, and ensures the integrity of the same.
- Liaises with the Production Manager to schedule regular testing of wells, and publishes latest well test rates.
- Monitors and cross-plots the various production data types to detect abnormal situations or deteriorations in production performance; investigates and reports on these.
- Tracks and reports deferred and lost production.
- Liaises with other reservoir engineers to generate production forecasts guided by the results of reservoir studies as required.
- Acts as the focal point for responding to MOG well and reservoir management (WRM) reporting requests as required.
- Input and Interaction with Production Data Management System
- Monitor & Report Material Balances, Material Balance KPI’s & Back Allocations
- Manage, Report & Quality Control Production Metering System
- Manage Company Fluid Laboratory/Sampling & Analysis Procedures
- Ongoing evaluation of Production Performance Parameters
- Liaise with Company’s Reservoir Engineering Department to set the short term and long term production forecast and targets.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Will ideally have a Msc qualification in petroleum engineering or reservoir engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the E&P Industry, including experience with an operator.
- Thorough understanding of oil and gas production operations and reservoir engineering fundamentals
- Thorough understanding of the performance characteristics of reservoir, wells, pipelines and gas treatment plants, and how they interact in the total system.
- Good understanding of who the end-users of quality-controlled and allocated production data are, and how the information is used.
- Good computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel including VBA, and PowerPoint.