|Date Posted||March 21, 2018|
Provide reservoir engineering support to a Thermal Cluster in PDO. The selected individual will be part of the WRM team. The incumbent will be expected to provide thermal reservoir engineering support that includes;
• Deploy and lead WRM initiatives to maximize recovery from the Qarn Alam field and also provide input to the reservoir management strategy.
•Analysis of early production response and investigation of further WRM strategies.
•Contribution to the areal surveillance strategy.
• Investigation of production and/or re-completion strategies following steam breakthrough.
• Performance prediction/review of steam flood patterns. Operational reservoir engineering support to study.
• Identification of opportunities to improve production performance, sweep efficiency and recovery factor from the existing Phase I project .
• Provision of support to the cluster hydrocarbon maturation plan (HCM) and reserves reporting framework (ARPR).
• Transfer of thermal reservoir engineering capability to more junior PEs in the cluster.
This will de done in accordance with PDO Corporate objectives, guidelines, and required behaviors, and consistent with HSE principles
• A mature field with ongoing steam flood development
Performance • Lead a cross function team to develop and implement a Lean Steam WRM Operating model. This to include Lean Processes based around a Collaborative Work Environment, Standard Operating Procedures, resourced and qualified organization and a hardwired workflow management system.
• Work with an integrated team of Petroleum and Production Engineers to build a deep technical capability in WRM and surveillance for the ongoing steam full field development.
Process • As a mature Reservoir Engineer, ensure that RE standards are maintained, and that best practices are implemented, in your own area of work and contribute in to technical excellence across PDO. This will include participation in internal PDO project reviews (static and dynamic modelling reviews, internal VARs).
• Sharing RE and Thermal best practices across PDO
Planning • Planning of the WRM Operating model implementation and extension to other projects
People • Coaching/mentoring, particularly in Thermal WRM processes,
- University degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent technical subject.
- A Reservoir Engineer with a minimum of 7 years of relevant post qualification experience.. Someone who has a drive and enthusiasm, an open mind and a wish to develop and share skills.
- Broad experience in Thermal Recovery Projects and in Well and Reservoir Management. Experience of designing and implementing exception based reporting systems and collaborative working environments are an advantage.
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross functional project team including PE, operations, well services and IT staff. Experience of managing change projects and implementation of Lean processes is advantageous.
- Well developed inter-personal and presentation skills.
- A good team player who enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams.