|Location||Pittsburgh, United States|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
Overall Position Objective:
Evaluate and develop strategy for area drilling programs and field optimization (maximize value and quantify reserve recovery). Provide technical basis to support field development planning and reserves justification. In conjunction with Geology, Land, and Drilling, provide forecasts for necessary pipeline or other infrastructure projects. Provide technical and risk analysis for well proposals, lease acquisition, and A&D opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Using rate transient analysis, numerical modeling, and similar technical expertise, develop production forecasts and type-curve estimates for unconventional reservoirs
- Develop extensive economic analysis of past and current drilling and completions programs
- Determine procedures and design for pressure build-up and leak-off testing, and other special projects, to help determine correlations between geologic/drilling/completion/production data
- Determine plan and procedures for reservoir characterization and modeling activities to optimize field development
- Evaluate hydraulic fracture effectiveness
- Provide guidance for optimal well spacing
- Direct planning of future field development and drilling programs
- Four + years’ experience in related field or industry.
- Bachelor's degree in reservoir, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, or petroleum engineering.
EQT Corporation and its subsidiaries is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer -- M/F/Disability/Veteran