|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Provides reserves estimates and formation evaluation for new wells, existing wells, and projects. Provides economic analysis to the business unit for projects, planning, and well justifications. Provides reservoir engineering support to technical staff and business unit. Monitors oil and gas reserves and production on a continual basis with a special emphasis during the mid-year and year-end reporting process. Conducts reserve studies to define future development opportunities and reservoir potential. Recommends exploration and production opportunities through the evaluation of risk considerations and economics aspects of company and outside operated properties. Forecasts future product sales and revenues related to reserve fields. Provides reserve estimates of company reserves of projects. Conducts economic evaluations on both a risked and unrisked basis for prospects, acquisitions and dispositions. Maintains sales forecasts and books reserves for producing fields within business unit. Responsible for maintaining required safety training and compliance Knowledgeable in pressure transient analysis and fluid flow in reservoirs. Knowledgeable in PVT analysis of reservoir fluids. Responsible for maximizing Noble’s value in the core company asset.
- Performs in a technical specialist role and possesses advanced knowledge in professional/technical discipline.
- Leads and/or conducts complex engineering studies using advanced concepts and is recognized as a technical expert within division or group.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to others in discipline.
- Advises engineers regarding the appropriate reservoir engineering techniques to apply across all fields and assets in the business unit.
- Production forecasting of NBL’s interest in gas sales, LPGs and condensate.
- Ongoing production surveillance and analysis versus business plan.
- Conducts reserve reporting, internally and the work product of third parties.
- Life of Asset valuation
- Sensitivity and impairment modeling for variable cost and product price forecasts.
- Conducts risk assessment on budgets.
- Responsible to NBL BU Asset Team for reserve, risk and economic analysis.
- Recommends development opportunities: completions, new wells, facility expansion.
- Participates in peer reviews on sanctioned projects.
- Auditor of third party reserve and forecasting report that sets allocation for GSA sales.
- Familiarity with relevant PSC for analyzing Cost Recovery.
- Participant in formal partner and Government meetings on Asset.
- Contribute in peer reviews and mentoring of Reservoir Engineers in Business Unit.
- Works directly with corporate components for deliverables required for core asset.
- Direct reservoir modeling as required for valuation and reserve assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- Typically requires 5 years of related experience.
- Effective communication skills
- Preferred gas condensate experience
- Frequent travel to Partner’s Houston office
- Infrequent travel to field operations in EG
Spanish as second language a plus
Responsible for the pre-drill and post-drill economic evaluation of properties and wells.**
Normal office environment.