|Location||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Job ID: 6182
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
This position description below in no way states or implies that these are the only duties/functions to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties/functions requested by their supervisor.
Reservoir engineering position responsible for maximizing value through reserve and production growth in company assets. Includes budget preparation, SEC reserve evaluation, business planning and performance monitoring. Must work with minimum of supervision as a critical component of multi-disciplinary team and have initiative and work ethic to create value.
• Reservoir surveillance of existing company properties to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization of production rates and reserves.
• Carry out field and reservoir studies and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
• Evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
• Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
• Prepare project economics as required for exploitation and exploration operations and make appropriate AFE recommendations.
• Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting and evaluation of possible development scenarios.
• Perform risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
• Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
• Perform SEC reserve evaluation on company assets with emphasis on properly valuing assigned assets.
• Minimum of BS in Engineering (preferably Petroleum).
• 10 yrs oil and gas industry experience. Prefer at least 3 yrs as a reservoir engineer. Some operations knowledge desired.
• Must have solid technical background in reservoir engineering including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc. and a good understanding of geology.
• Petrophysical analysis skills and reservoir simulation knowledge helpful.
• Must be able to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment, taking an informal lead position where appropriate.
• Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software.
• Able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
• Must have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
• Ability to work with multi-functional teams, prioritize projects & must have good interpersonal skills