|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 8, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Marathon Oil is currently seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer to fill a Reserves Coordinator position in the Corporate Reserves Group (CRG) in our Houston, TX office reporting to the Director of Corporate Reserves.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide independent oversight to assure compliance with internal and external reserve and resource estimation and reporting policies and regulations. The successful candidate will be expected to approve all reserve and resource changes proposed by the Asset Team’s Qualified Reserve Estimators, coordinate external audits, and conduct reviews of reserve and resource estimates per CRG Policy. They will also participate in training, policy development and implementation, and strategic planning for reserve and resource oversight and validation activities.
Applicant should possess strong reservoir engineering skills, with experience in conventional and unconventional reservoirs. A thorough knowledge of reserve and resource definitions and an understanding of external reporting requirements as dictated by the Securities and Exchange Commission must be developed by the candidate selected.
- Provide practical guidance to Asset Teams to ensure reserve and resource volumes are accurate, follow best practices, and meet company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Asset Teams and third-party consultants to coordinate internal and external audits.
- Evaluate results of these reviews and work to resolve outstanding differences.
- Assist in development and updating of the CRG processes, procedures, and training materials.
- Assist in development of the reserves information required for year-end financial disclosures.
- Bachelors degree required
- Petroleum Engineering or related field is required.
- At minimum of ten years of experience is required with a minimum of seven years as a Reservoir Engineer. Additionally, three years of the Reservoir Engineering experience must be in development of unconventional reservoirs with emphasis on application of reserve estimation workflows and familiarity with SEC rules and regulations.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with experience in Reserves Engineering at the asset or corporate level.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, commercial decline curve/economic packages (Aries or similar), reservoir simulation programs, Monte Carlo simulation, and data visualization programs is required. Familiarity with commercial reserves tracking and reporting software (VOLTS or similar) is desirable.
- Formal training and certification in Project Management or Six Sigma is desirable.
- <10% Travel Required