|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2017|
Surveillance Reservoir Engineer II
Marathon Oil's Eagle Ford Subsurface team is seeking a Reservoir Engineer. This team is active in development and appraisal activities.- The Company expects activity levels to remain high in upcoming years, providing challenging, varied assignments and opportunities for professional growth.
This position will report to the Subsurface Supervisor for the Eagle Ford Team.- The qualifications of the candidate will determine placement into either the Execution or Surveillance teams, which make up the greater Subsurface team. -Functions below encompass roles and responsibilities from both teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, BUT NOT LIMITED TOO:
- Conduct surveillance of all wells in area of responsibility on a weekly basis.- Communicate with Execution counterparts regularly to discuss performance improvements
- Collaborate with Technical Applications & Completions & Technical Studies to design pilots & trials to identify opportunities for well performance enhancement and implement & share learnings across organization
- Collaborate with PE team to complete all required decline work for CPC & planning forecast updates
- Collaborate on well reviews with Operations and Project Execution for all wells in AOR & document results in standardized format/tool.
- Complete all required decline work for CPC & planning forecast updates
- Complete Base and Reserve DCA & required documentation in a timely fashion
- Complete required documentation for Health Checks/Sanctions/AFEs(COOP/OBO) in a complete and timely fashion (QC)
- Conduct production data analysis to provide feedback to identify best completion and choke management strategies
- Conduct studies to identify and quantify trends in performance.- Feed information back to influence PODs, drilling, completions and manage well flowback and longer term flow strategy. Communicate to Technical Applications.
- Coordinate with Technical Studies on conducting well reviews with Operations for all wells in AOR & document results in standardized format/tool.
- Coordinate with Technical Studies on developing area type curves, decline producing wells and estimate reserves using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop an integrated production to reservoir analysis - Sand face to Separator Bottleneck Analysis
- Develop area type curves, decline producing wells and estimate reserves using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop bench marking/competitor surveillance leveraging DI Analytics
- Provide support for recommendations on acquisitions and various development scenarios
- Provide support to Technical Application in identifying non-routine data acquisition requirements (DFIT, Production Logs, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a reservoir engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for results.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure.
- Bachelors- degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Software: SpotFire, OFM, AIRES, Kappa, Excel.
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.