|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Reservoir Engineer II
Austin, TX 78701 Parsley Energy
Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Reports to: Reservoir Engineering Manager
Date: April 2017
Summary/objective: A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Support a multidisciplinary team in reservoir functions. Principal activities will include: individual well economics, area competitor research and knowledge, technical studies, development area planning including the selection of wells for an active drilling program, and engineering assistance for year end and general reserves work.
Essential functions: The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Assume the reservoir engineering responsibility for a geographic region
- Horizontal and vertical well planning and strategy
- Work collaboratively with other reservoir engineers as well as drilling, geology, land and production operations groups to implement and optimize drilling program
- Analyze, interpret and integrate data from a wide variety of sources including production and geologic data to understand and improve the results of the drilling program to optimize and generate new development opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of year end reserves, especially as it relates to area of responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes: The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a wide range of reservoir engineering skill sets including economic and technical analysis (fundamental understanding of reservoir modeling, pressure transient analysis, production performance evaluations)
- Position requires a strong analytical and problem solving skill set utilizing sound engineering principles
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a multi-disciplined team
Supervisory responsibilities: The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position
Work Environment: The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On occasion this position may be required to go to the field and monitor activity, therefore being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat, and vibration.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Travel: Does your position require day trips that are out of the area, or any overnight stays during the typical workweek?
Minimum Qualifications: Education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Bachelors of Science in Petroleum Engineering is preferred
- 3+ years of industry related experience with demonstrated knowledge of reservoir engineering techniques and skills
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
About Parsley Energy:
Founded in 2008, Parsley Energy is an independent oil and natural gas company with operations in the Permian Basin, where we develop unconventional oil and natural gas reserves. As we efficiently and responsibly grow reserves, production, and cash flow by developing our liquids rich resource base, we seek to create value for shareholders, employees, energy consumers, and the communities in which we work.
Over the past several years we have grown - primarily through the drill bit - from a two-person start-up to a large scale operation that operates several hundred wells. With a substantial inventory of vertical and horizontal drilling locations in the prolific core of the Midland Basin, we look forward to continued growth at superior rates of return.