|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Director, Anderson Thompson Reservoir Strategies
As a reservoir engineer for Anderson Thompson, you are responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team, serving customers by helping to optimize the development of their oil and gas fields. This position requires a high level of initiative as the successful candidate will be a founding member of a new US-based Anderson Thompson team in Houston.
Key areas of responsibility
- Design and execute practical workflows for reservoir characterization with a strong focus on well performance data
- Prepare technical written materials for distribution to customers, or for presentation at technical conferences and trade shows
- Present technical talks to customers and at conferences / workshops
- Provide recommendations based on reservoir engineering based findings (within larger integrated reservoir studies) to customers
- Support the NCS Multistage sales organization in the US
- Work as a member of a subsurface team to optimize well spacing and completion design for our customers.
- Work on and supervise technical projects performed within the reservoir group.
- Mentor junior staff and train sales staff on reservoir concepts
- Promote reservoir optimization within the industry through technical conferences, workshops and webinars
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with at least 2 years of advanced analysis of multi-stage horizontal well performance
- Working knowledge of RTA, PTA, DFIT analysis, frac modeling, and reserves evaluation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related field or relevant equivalent experience
- Specialist level expertise in reservoir engineering; talent and experience in business development and customer engagement/relationships
- Practical approach, ability to sort through “noise” and find what’s important to solving a specific problem, high level of efficiency and work ethic, self-starter / entrepreneurial spirit- don’t wait to be told what to do, figure it out on your own
- Proficiency using IHS reservoir engineering software applications (RTA, DeclinePlus, Well Test)
- Strong leadership skills
Houston Corporate Office, Houston TX