|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
At Concho, we align our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities we support in a value chain that drives long-term growth. It is a collaboration that fosters a culture of partnership, diversity, and innovation, acknowledges and celebrates our successes, embraces change, and guides us down the path of an even brighter future.
We believe our employees are our greatest assets and are committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment where we can all thrive. At Concho, investing in our people has been essential to our success. We value the excellence in each of us, we face and overcome challenges together, we inspire and develop tomorrow’s leaders, and yes, we have fun at work.
The Reservoir Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the Business Development Technical Team to evaluate acquisition, divestiture, and trade opportunities
- Work with Business Development Technical Team and other departments to form technical views on active areas within the organization’s core areas
- Serve as a liaison between Business Development and other departments within the organization
- Monitor, analyze competitor data, and work with other team engineers to build type curve models to assist with valuing acreage outside of Concho operated areas
- Work closely with Business Development and asset team geologists to identify, track, and interpret new well results in existing and emerging areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Petroleum Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of direct work experience as a reservoir engineer
- Demonstrated experience and competencies in team work, project management, and skills related to the E&P lifecycle
- Direct work experience and proficiency with economic evaluation software (Aries experience beneficial) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Experience in Access, Excel, ARIES, IHS, Spotfire
- Prior work experience and a broad understanding of the E&P business, Permian Basin experience preferred
COG Operating LLC (Concho) uses e-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.