|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
The OOA group is a multi-discipline team that coordinates outside operated related activities including OBO strategy support, competitor and market analysis, and domestic OBO performance analysis and reporting. This reservoir engineering position supports these key roles by providing technical insights and analyses based on prior work experiences plus public data sources. In addition, this position collaborates with Business Unit RMT engineers, other OOA reservoir engineers, portfolio analysts, and geologic / engineering technicians and specialists.
• Primary OOA liaison with Business Unit RMT’s. Attend appropriate RMT meetings to maintain knowledge base and act as information link between BU’s and OOA.
• Participate in quarterly competitor earnings call process. Provide timely and accurate analyses of competitor results and plans.
• Support RMT’s as necessary for efficient ballot processing. Assist RMT’s with standardized OBO project reporting.
• Participate in competitor intelligence related projects and other special studies. Prepare polished summaries.
• Maintain general knowledge of Oxy and competitor activity in assigned area. Convey knowledge to appropriate RMT’s.
• Assists BU’s with annual OBO capital planning process.
• Conduct post audits of OBO capital projects.
• Provide support as needed for BU OBO reserves process.
• Work with other team members to maintain and enhance the OOA team site.
• Promote use of OOA data to other technical teams across the organization.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Experience: 4 or more years of reservoir and/or production engineering experience
• Technical Requirements:
-Prior reservoir engineering role
-General understanding of technical drilling and completion concepts
-General understanding of financial evaluation methods and tools
-Ability to understand and evaluate OBO well proposals
-Proficient at communicating verbally and in written form in professional and polished manner
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status