|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Our client is a Houston based, independent oil and natural gas company. The Company’s business is to explore, develop, exploit, produce and acquire crude oil and natural gas properties in the onshore Texas and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States and shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
This position's primary focus will be in the Permian / Delaware Basin. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will play a vital role in the development of that asset and the expansion of its Permian position. It is anticipated that the Permian will be the primary focus of the Company over the next several years.
The goal of the Senior Reservoir Engineer role is to maximize shareholder value by making business recommendations based on expert technical evaluations and sound economics. This role has the ability to effect short and long-term business goals. The successful candidate in this role must be able to work well independently, in cross-functional teams, and with senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to evaluate business development opportunities; deliver technical presentations to senior management supporting evaluation
- Provide technical support for the development of the company’s Permian assets
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover and acquisitionopportunities
- Monitor reservoir performance and recommend operational actions for improvement
- Maintain reserve estimates for all fields
- Perform SEC reserve evaluation annually; coordinate year end reporting with external auditors
- Seek opportunities to network outside the company to build relationships and gather information that leads to future business opportunities
- Build strong working relationships with Operations, Exploration and Finance teams
- Protect the intellectual property rights of the Company
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, or other related engineering field
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the oil and gas exploration and production industry
- Minimum 4 years of recent, relevant reservoir engineering experience in the Permian
- Experience with unconventional plays
- Expert knowledge in reservoir engineering practices and production forecasting
- Extensive knowledge of economic evaluations
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; candidate will present to company executives
- Advanced knowledge of methods for treating risk and uncertainty in oil and gas E&P projects
- Proven ability to influence, collaborate and constructively challenge within a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to represent company interests with external organizations
- Highly proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly proficient using ARIES for forecasting
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. This company regrets that they are unable to sponsor employment Visas for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Houston, TX
- Reservoir Engineering: 10 years