|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
As a Reservoir Engineer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary, integrated team of geoscientists and engineers charged with carrying out technical and commercial evaluation to maximize value from producing oil and gas fields. You will be expected to take producing fields at various stages of the development life cycle and maximize value through surveillance, enhanced recovery, and capital reinvestment. It is also expected that you will work closely with field personnel to add engineering insight to improve operations while controlling costs.
The Reservoir Engineering position with Sheridan pulls on pieces of both the traditional Production and Reservoir Engineering functions, with the role involving a mixture of surveillance through to field development planning along with design and execution of proactive well work.
The position requires an ability to re-evaluate existing fields to establish optimal economic solutions. This may involve evaluation of infill drilling, recompletions, restimulations, or adjustments in floods through surveillance and conformance work. The successful candidate will need to be a creative thinker that is willing to re-look at existing problems to maximize value. Sheridan is looking for a dynamic individual that is able to balance needs for full field development along with taking care of daily production issues.
The position offers the opportunity to work closely with our technical and management team in a very flat organization that includes regular exposure to executives. You should be capable of presenting and openly discussing identified opportunities with an executive-level audience.
Sheridan looks to its technical staff to lead projects through all facets, managing through the land, regulatory, legal, facilities and other operational considerations to ensure successful execution. The successful candidate will likely have a track record of leading projects that cover multiple disciplines. Experience in leading teams and functions will be a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* 10+yrs of Reservoir or Production Engineering experience
* Waterflood surveillance experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams and projects
* Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments and fields concurrently to meet tight deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
* Strong knowledge of economic evaluation and business financial metrics
* Strong communicator able to effectively present and discuss ideas with Executive-level audience
* Creative thinker with desire to challenge conventional thinking
* Action-oriented individual able to follow through projects from planning, through execution to post-assessment
* Self-motivated individual that hunts out opportunities to maximize value wherever they appear within the organization
* Occasional travel to field locations
Additional Desired Qualifications
* Experience leading technical staff
* Working knowledge of ARIES
* Working knowledge of OFM