|Date Posted||October 27, 2015|
Our client is seeking a staff level Reservoir Engineer to work on leasehold analysis, reserve reporting and asset acquisition analysis with a focus on properties in the Gulf of Mexico. This Engineer will work with a multi dicipline team including geoscientists, land, and business development, analyzing the technical merits of business opportunities among a wide variety of reservoirs and play trends within the Gulf of Mexico, both shelf and deep water.
- Complete reservoir engineering analysis on wide variety of properties including conventional, secondary and tertiary recovery
- Perform economic evaluations and risk analysis on wells in areas of interest
- Aid in the preparation of reserve reports by evaluating and forecasting producing wells using public and internal sources
- Assist in production and capital budget exercises for the company
- Study completion effectiveness of properties being analyzed
- Advise the land department on lease inquiries by assessing the economics of wells in the area of interest
- Provide reservoir engineering acquisition evaluation support to the Business Development team for potential acquisitions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in classical reservoir engineering practices as well as a depth and breadth of knowledge of offshore shelf and deepwater basins.
- Strong economic analysis skills and sound business acumen
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Ability to function independently and is self-motivated
- Proficient in PHDWin and IPM suite (Prosper, MBal, Gap)
- Operations experience preferred