|Date Posted||October 8, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, one of the largest CO2 providers and CO2 tertiary recovery companies in the US, is seeking a reservoir engineer to work within a multiple person technical team to plan and develop new CO2 floods in the Permian Basin. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
1. Development, validation, and updating of CO2 flood performance model(s) which will be used to evaluate implementation scenarios and to guide development and surveillance activities;
2. Leading the effort to design and execute production and injectivity testing on core tests and appraisal wells;
3. Leading the effort to define and evaluate alternate development scenarios relating to pattern spacing, vertical zone sequencing, injection scheduling, areal phasing, etc;
4. Co-developing (with reservoir and production engineers & geologist) and managing production surveillance system and processes.
5. Interface with production, facilities, drilling, and pipeline engineers during design, implementation and management of the project
Job level will be determined based on the candidates skills and experience.
• BS or greater in Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering discipline
• 10+ years of experience as a reservoir engineer in the oil and gas industry. Entirely capable of working independently, but also very active and effective working in a team environment;
• Demonstrated ability to proficiently use and/or learn petroleum software such as Petra, OFM, DSS, Aries, Kappa, etc.
• Significant experience with design, implementation, and surveillance of pattern waterfloods and/or CO2 floods, production/injection forecasting, reserves reporting.
• High proficiency with MS-Office applications: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• A proven track record working effectively within a multi-disciplined development team.
• An objective and analytical approach, with a solid command of E&P project economics.
• A clear thinker, concise and effective communicator, and a preferred teammate.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and lead personnel, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.