|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2017|
Position Summary: Expert level Reservoir Engineer position responsible for providing operational support and assisting with region/division or company reserve bookings, including new reserves, possibly within an area of assigned responsibility. Researches and recommends exploration and development opportunities for the region/division. Works closely with Geologists, Completion Engineers and Planning Engineers. Assists with future well forecasting. Assist with well completions recommendations. Research responsibilities include the use of Reservoir Simulation via Rexcel and Sensor software and the use of Spotfire to assists with analytics. Will be required to generate AFE packages, including economic analyses using Aries economic software.
- Provide reservoir engineering support for operational review with division management and participate in field level reviews to identify production and operational issues needing attention.
- Leading junior level Reservoir Engineers, coordinate reservoir technical analysis to aid in the evaluation of infill drilling potential and improvement of drilling and completion operations.
- Provides technical support for sophisticated economic evaluations, such as PVT behavior, rock mechanics issues, and fluid flow in ultra-low perm reservoirs. Provide Reservoir Simulation support using Rexcel, ReView, and Sensor software. Provide Analytics support using Spotfire software.
- Mentor reservoir and production engineers on theory and practice of production data analysis and pressure transient analysis.
- Manage technical analyses of joint research studies conducted with consultants, universities and government entities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Being courteous, cooperative, and helpful are conditions of employment with Range. Additionally, each item listed below is an essential function of this position.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Deal professionally and respectfully with coworkers, management and others
- Read, comprehend and follow applicable policies, procedures and directions
- Work with others as part of a team to ensure efficient operations and enhanced productivity
- Safeguard confidential information and disclose only to those in "need-to-know" positions
- Safeguard and enhance Range's assets and business interests
- Consistently perform all job duties at an acceptable level
Minimum Education: Bachelors in Engineering or Mathematics; Petroleum Engineering preferred.
Minimum Experience: 8 years of experience with a Bachelors; 6 years of experience with a Masters
Oil & Gas Exp Required: Yes
Skills: Math, Science, Analysis, Statistics, Project Management, Communication
Reservoir Stimulator Software
Data Analysis Software
Well Testing Software
Climate controlled working environment and field-based; subjected to seasonal field conditions ranging from normal to extreme temperature and weather conditions.
Physical Requirements: Data Entry, Filing, Sitting, Typing, Vision, Writing
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Yes - 10% or less