|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
Kinder Morgan CO2 company is currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer to support our CO2 development team that is currently focused in the SACROC field, West Texas. The successful candidate would be responsible for the following: (1) Analyzing current EOR production operations, (2) Developing CO2 flood expansion programs and providing production forecasts and economic analyses for them, (3) Assisting with the assignment and review of reserves for new and recent expansion projects, (4) Provide technical due-diligence regarding potential acquisition of new fields with the ongoing objectives as needed, and (5) Identifying additional opportunities in other KM fields for testing and development. The candidate will be expected to frequently present findings to senior management, clearly articulate (and defend) recommended courses of action, and be able to align with EHS, technical and business drivers. This position is based in Houston, Texas. Job level will be determined based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
– Provide technical leadership in EOR project design and evaluation for CO2 flood expansion projects
– Evaluate transition zone for additional EOR potential with miscible CO2 flooding
– Assist in evaluation of additional opportunities in other KM fields for primary and EOR potential.
– Co-develop and support a consistent reservoir/production data management strategy.
– Degree in petroleum engineering, chemical, or related engineering degree.
– 8+ years of experience in petroleum engineering or related fields.
– Experience with CO2 flooding or water flooding, EOR technologies, oil production diagnostics, design and optimization, including well stimulation, artificial lift (submersible and surface) and wellbore management. Must have an ability to understand and integrate geological, reservoir, and production analysis into completion programs.
– Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills for interfacing with multifunctional E&P teams and management on multiple projects. Strong project management skills with the ability to clearly define scope, objectives and activities as well as understand the importance of measuring results. Solid logic skills and bias towards action.
– Experience and developing proficiency in productivity analysis, nodal analysis, well test analysis, well-log interpretation(CBL’s, calipers, GR/Neutron, etc).
– Highly computer literate inclusive of MS-Office products.
– Ability to work in a team, and have developing influence skills. Must be able to take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, and focus attention on details.
Preferred Experience Skills and Knowledge:
– Professional engineering registration or working towards same.
- Experience in ARIES, DSS, Petra production software, DrillingInfo., Excel, Powerpoint,
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.