|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
The Permian Subsurface team is seeking a highly motivated Reservoir Engineer with a minimum of 3 years engineering experience and up to 10 years of experience, with previous reservoir engineering experience preferred.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the planning and development of Marathon’s newly acquired acreage in the Permian Basin. Marathon is rapidly ramping up activity and planning to run a multi-rig program to actively develop this asset, making this an opportunity to work in a very fast paced and rewarding environment. This position will report to the Subsurface Development Manager and will be located in Houston.
- Provide reservoir engineering support to drive development execution & support rig activity including development plan updates/maintenance, drill schedule planning, and well design planning
- Monitor and evaluate well performance using analytical techniques
- Generate production forecasts for existing wells and recommend reserve bookings based on performance. Use the data to recommend rate and recovery predictions for future wells.
- Perform OBO project evaluations and provide technical recommendations on company participation
- Work with the team to integrate engineering analysis utilizing geological and geophysical data to characterize the reservoir and optimize future development.
- Generate production forecasts for existing wells, type wells, and recommend reserve bookings based on performance.
- Recommend data gathering and testing programs to enhance subsurface understanding
- Collaborate with operations and completions to identify candidates for remedial work
- Perform economic analysis to evaluate feasibility of future projects
- Degree: Bachelors required
- Major Discipline: Petroleum Engineering preferred, related Engineering required
- Years’ Experience: Minimum 3 years engineering experience with specific experience in Reservoir Engineering preferred.
- Travel Required: Up to 10%
- Computer Proficiencies: Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites. Experience with production and pressure transient analysis (Fekete Harmony), production forecasting and economic analysis using ARIES, data analysis tools (Spotfire) and databases (Drilling Info, IHS Enerdeq, TRRC) and risk analysis techniques (Crystal Ball and Monte Carlo methods)