|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Memorial Production Partners LP (NASDAQ: MEMP), focuses on acquiring, developing, producing, and operating oil and natural gas properties in North America. MEMP was founded in 2011 and completed its initial public offering in December 2011. MEMP is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
The Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for providing reservoir engineering support for assigned areas and will work with team members from geoscience, and operations to perform reservoir surveillance and identify opportunities to improve cashflow.
Provide reservoir engineering analysis in the evaluation of producing and non-producing reserves and development and optimization of existing assets. Duties include reserve estimation and production forecasting using decline curve analysis, volumetrics, and material balance calculations. Working knowledge of EOR projects and development strategies a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in petroleum engineering.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to multi-task, be team oriented, with the desire to learn.
- Candidate should have knowledge of SEC reserves definitions and how to implement them into reserve calculations.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Minimum of BS in Engineering (Petroleum preferred)
- Knowledge of SEC reserves definitions
- Working knowledge of Reservoir Engineering principles
- Excellent computer skills with, but not limited to, all MS Office products including PowerPoint and Access
- Familiarity with OFM and Petra a plus
- Economic software experience (Aries preferred)
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Able to work on a broad variety of projects
- Able to deliver results, meet deadlines and targets
- Strong analytical skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The above summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Only candidates possessing the minimum required qualifications will be considered.
No phone call inquiries will be accepted. Memorial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.