|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Oasis Petroleum is seeking an innovative and results-driven Petrotechnical professional specializing in subsurface Reservoir Engineering. He/she will be part of the Reservoir Engineering team and work primarily with Engineering and Geology staff and management to develop and implement best practices to optimize value of tight oil development projects. This engineer will have a proven history of applying advanced technical reservoir engineering skills, performing complex project analysis, and collaborating with a wide variety of sub-surface disciplines. The position is based in Houston, TX. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with geologic and engineering staff to design and implement reservoir characterization and monitoring strategies, including coring, logs, pressure monitoring, well testing, etc...
- Interact with industry experts to identify and implement advanced reservoir engineering technologies
- Employ sound decision making methods to complex projects, including commercial and economic analysis
- Create development plans and pilot programs for tight oil reservoirs
- Analyze well performance and other information to quantify completion effectiveness, recoverable resource, and determine well spacing
- Manage simulation projects with outside resources; perform or lead in-house simulation efforts
- Develop leasing strategies with land and geology function
- Coaching and knowledge transfer
- Other duties as assigned by manager
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in reservoir engineering with an emphasis on subsurface technical skills
- Experience in leading multi-discipline projects
- Experience in shale plays, unconventional assets, and tight-oil reservoir development
- Strong background in economics
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering
- 15 years of reservoir engineering experience with a strong emphasis on unconventional reservoirs
- Proven ability to mentor other engineers
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across all functions in the organization
- Actively participates in industry technical events
- Educated in and applies risk analysis and decision quality methodologies