|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Reservoir Engineer – Field Development and Acquisitions
RESERVOIR ENGINEER – DOWNTOWN HOUSTON (EAST TEXAS ASSETS)
CSI Recruiting is working with an active and growing E&P company located in downtown Houston. Our client is seeking to hire an experienced, Asset-focused Reservoir Engineer to work with the company’s current oil and gas assets in East Texas in both field development and to assist in acquiring suitable bolt-on acquisitions.
The Reservoir Engineer will work as a key member of the company’s Reserves, Reservoir Engineering and A&D team and have primary responsibility for East Texas field development engineering and East Texas acquisition evaluation. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced and best in class team and be involved in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial upstream business that offers employees significant opportunities for career advancement.
- The Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for working within a multi-discipline team to execute on field development projects including behind pipe recompletions and new drill vertical and horizontal wells.
- Evaluate, recommend and develop reserves booking packages
- Conduct acquisition related technical due diligence
- Develop acquisition economic models
- Assist with the identification of potential acquisition candidates
- Support Operations on drilling and recompletion activity
- Support reserves bookings for quarterly, mid-year and year-end reserves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in petroleum engineering with a recent focus on reservoir engineering functions within an active E&P environment
- Significant experience working in onshore USA field development and domestic E&P acquisitions and divestitures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of economic models and principles of reservoir engineering
- Understand of key economic drivers in acquisitions
- Strategic thinking and economic analysis skills
- Proficiency with all Reservoir Engineering and Economic software tools with emphasis on Aries