|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Job no: 787135
Work type: Full Time Regular (USA)
Location: US - Texas - Houston
Categories: Petroleum Engineering
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
A highly motivated Unconventional Resources Discipline Reservoir Engineer is needed for our operated Fayetteville, Arkansas Production Unit to evaluate ongoing production activities and optimize our forward Development Plan.
- Monitor and analyse well and reservoir performance. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations (reserves estimates).
- Able to work independently, communicate results and makes recommendations supported by technically sound analysis and data.
- Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders, representing reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to form a view on: development plans, surveillance, design basis and operations.
- Perform technical assessment on investment evaluations, incorporating uncertainty of assumptions.
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies
- High standards of integrity; treats everyone fairly and with respect
- Strong and reliable team player: works collaboratively with peers and cross-function.
- Acts with a personal sense of accountability to achieve high quality results.
- Strong communicator; ability to clearly articulate technical position, via technical presentations/ interpretations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Has a B.S., MS or PhD degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an approved school.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Practical application of reservoir engineering; 5-10 years of experience, including Unconventional experience.
- Basic understanding of production engineering geoscience and economics.
- Able to work independently to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data.
- Competency in ARIES (Landmark).
- Familiar with RTA/ PTA.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
Advertised: 26 Oct 2016 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Nov 2016 Central Standard Time