|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2015|
Reservoir Engineer (Exploration)
The Reservoir Engineer will work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams to add value in the processing, analysis and interpretation of exploration and appraisal projects. The successful candidate will be required to suggest reservoir engineering work plans to the managers of the Exploration Assets and New Ventures. Proven experience in the North Sea and European Basins would be a great benefit
- Provide effective reservoir engineering evaluation and leadership for Exploration department
- Support Exploration teams in the evaluation of projects including appropriate ranges for reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, and evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, cost estimates, and project timing.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on any critical factors identified.
- Evaluate and initiate appraisal opportunities including new drill wells and appraisal projects.
- Assist in performing risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Evaluate and perform detailed (and sometimes very rapid) assessments of exploration new venture projects or production acquisition candidates.
- Undertake reservoir engineering planning for exploration and appraisal wells. Help design the reservoir evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts. Collaborate with the project geologist, operations team and subsurface project team.
- Provide operational support as required during formation evaluation operations and assist in making the decisions on data quality.
- Ensure rigorous technical evaluations are completed with appropriate technology applications.
- Participate in peer assists, technical assurance reviews and competitive technical intelligence activities.
- Attend partner meetings and provide technical input to reservoir and operational concerns.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
- Keep abreast of technology developments (internal and external) and deploy fit-for-purpose new technology.
- Enhance IT and data management procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a strong technical background in reservoir engineering and undertaking integrated reservoir studies, including a strong understanding of reservoir characterisation, special core analysis, PVT analysis, oil and gas phase behaviour, volumetric calculations, well tests, recovery estimates, reservoir performance and recovery mechanisms.
- Experience in well test design and analysis to evaluate well performance and reservoir characteristics.
- Ability to prepare Value Of Information assessments and decision making criteria for RE data collection
- Must understand the concepts of decision and risk analysis and have an appreciation of the key factors that control uncertainty in recovery factor and reservoir performance.
- Experience in the evaluation and development of North Sea clastic reservoirs is essential. Evaluation of less conventional reservoirs such as fractured basement reservoirs and shallow heavy oil reservoirs is also very beneficial.
- Petrophysical analysis skills and reservoir simulation knowledge helpful.
- Ability to work in a highly charged, fast-paced work environment and simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, particularly for technical presentations.
- Self-motivated to learn and adopt new methods, impart knowledge to others, and coordinate efforts with cross functional teams.
- Proactive analytical skills with attention to detail and process improvements.