|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
The Reservoir Engineer will report to the RE Manager. The successful candidate will manage reservoirs for optimization of value, contribute to field and reservoir development plans, and support other Asset teams to ensure delivery of annual plans.
United States - Colorado
- Create and maintain reservoir development plans, proposing new wells and well interventions on existing wells in order to optimize recoverable reserves for maximum economic value.
- Work with the Central Reserves team to estimate and book resources and reserves.
- Contribute with innovative development ideas and gather data for the opportunity hopper and assist with progressing them through the portfolio to execution-ready.
- Define and incorporate the necessary reservoir and well surveillance to optimize the overall field program economic value.
- Coordinate between the Reservoir Engineering and Completions teams to optimize well design.
- Post-appraisal of well performance by working closely with Operations and Completions teams.
- Production forecasting and economic evaluation of existing and future well prospects.
- Manage partner OBO data requests.
- Populate SOR tool to drive faster AFE’s and ensure handoff from Subsurface to the Execution teams is documented.
- Contribute to delivery of wellwork projects that meet or exceed BU-specific targets.
BS in Petroleum or other Engineering disciplines
Essential experience and job requirements
Minimum 2 yrs engineering experience for oil and gas wells.
- Strong Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to handle complex datasets
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time to the field location in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position as needed
- Experience in ARIES
- Skilled in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas
- Software: DSG, Spotfire
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
Strong commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE).