|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
DescriptionLooking for a reservoir engineer skilled in domestic oil and gas exploitation. The primary responsibilities of this position are creating value by identifying/quantifying development opportunities that will be implemented in cooperation with Merit’s Operations groups, and working with those groups to manage/optimize base production.
- Perform field studies to identify opportunities for increasing production and adding reserves through workovers, development drilling, and improved recovery projects
- Generate production forecasts and estimate associated reserves to quantify present value and justify project economics
- Perform detailed design and reservoir engineering calculations to facilitate project implementation
- Develop reservoir management plans and assist with surveillance/monitoring
- Consult with internal staff on technical matters
- Assist with annual budgeting and reserves auditing process
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering or closely-related Engineering science
- 3 to 8 years of petroleum engineering experience in conventional oil and gas fields; waterflooding and/or CO2 flooding experience preferred; experience in Wyoming is a plus
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality work with minimal supervision
- Solid grasp of reservoir engineering fundamentals, including but not limited to: material balance, decline curve analysis, pressure transient analysis, and displacement calculations.
- Ability to work closely with Geologists, Operations Engineers, and field staff to successfully bring projects from a concept phase through implementation and production.
- Proficiency in engineering and economic software packages; familiarity with the following specific software is a plus: ARIES, OFM, Petra, Kingdom, Interactive Petrophysics, IHS Enerdeq, DrillingInfo, Perform, Fekete Harmony (RTA, DeclinePlus), and WellTest