|Date Posted||May 26, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Reserves and Resources Team is seeking an experienced reservoir engineer to join our team and provide guidance and innovation on our continued transformation of Alberta’s reserves determination for unconventional continuous deposits, specifically for shale oil and gas, tight oil and gas, and bitumen while maintaining credible reserves reporting and administration for Alberta’s conventional oil and gas deposits.
- Provide reservoir engineering technical expertise to the unconventional engineering team.
- Determine how to calculate and scale EUR estimates more accurately and optimize field development planning in unconventional reservoirs for the estimation of oil, gas, and condensate reserves.
- Provide expert analysis, guidance and advice on reserves forecasting to test technically recoverable reserves against regulatory and policy thresholds.
- Understand development of resource plays and the requirements to increase efficiency, improve operational efficiency and lower full-cycle economics.
- Optimize unconventional reservoir analysis techniques to improve flow regime diagnostics and determination of condensate EUR in liquid rich resource plays.
- Implement stochastic evaluation methods and workflows to determine reserves and resource quantities for unconventional resource plays in accordance with internationally accepted standards such as the Canadian Oil and Gas Evaluation Handbook and Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers Monograph 3.
- Provide guidance on key productivity metrics that can be used to scale characteristic behaviour of wells and to improve the AER’s understanding of production forecasting within ultra-low permeability resources.
- Demonstrate the importance of probabilistic assessment techniques and standalone engineering tools to modern unconventional reserves workflows.
- Assist in the preparation of long-term future development scenarios, including performance for planning and economic purposes.
- Perform economic analysis of potential development projects for drilling, completion/stimulation, facilities and field development.
- University Degree (M.Sc. preferred) in petroleum or reservoir engineering from accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years direct industry experience in evaluating unconventional North American resource plays such as the Montney, Duvernay, Eagleford.
- Advanced knowledge of shale and low-permeability resources; and preferably applied experience in bitumen deposits in Alberta.
- Knowledgeable of stochastic analysis, simulation and economic and reservoir modelling.
- Advanced experience with engineering software such as IHS Harmony, Pallisade @RISK, and Value Navigator.
- The ability to use Lean start-up techniques to create disruptive innovation on a continual basis.
Additional requirements/information for candidates:
Eligibility for professional registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
Join the Alberta Energy Regulator and Be In Great Company!
A career should fulfill many needs. In a team of world-class thinkers who regulate how energy resources are discovered, developed and delivered your reward can go beyond a job well done. It can go to the pride and recognition that you’re doing something that matters. For 75 years Alberta’s oil and gas regulator has adapted to meet innovations in technology, new industry activity and changing social expectations. We are seeking diverse individuals with strong technical skills to join us in this exciting journey. Be everything you want to be by helping us build a legacy of excellence Albertans can count on.
Please quote competition # 16-024 in your application.
Please note: Should an individual with the required qualifications not be available, applicants with closely related qualifications may be considered. Relocation costs covered by the AER will be considered on an individual basis.
Deadline for applications will be June 7, 2016.
#LI - POST