|Date Posted||August 2, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Harvest Operations Corp. is a diverse energy company based out of Calgary offering exposure to conventional upstream oil and natural gas production and SAGD operations. We are focused on identifying opportunities to create and deliver value with an active development program and a technical approach taken to maximize our assets.
Harvest has an immediate opening for a Reservoir Engineer reporting to the Manager, Subsurface. This is a permanent position based in Calgary.
Reservoir Management and Optimization
- Working with the Exploitation engineer, monitor and evaluate reservoir performance. Identify, develop and oversee optimization and enhancement schemes to improve overall pool recoveries;
- Advise geology, exploitation and production engineering of work over and optimization opportunities that arise from pool studies;
- Identify, design and evaluate well tests for well and reservoir performance analyses;
- Identify well test objectives, the necessary pressure and production information, and ensure Production, Operations and Completions understand the need for this data and that the proper procedures occur to accurately collect this data;
- Estimate reservoir pressures from available data, analyze and quality control internal and external data;
- Determine correct PVT analysis to use for reservoir calculations from internal or external data;
- Recommend and manage the capture and analysis of necessary data if none is available;
- Determine and quality control available rock quality data and design and recommend Special Core Analysis laboratory programs (including core floods) to capture the appropriate data;
- Work closely with Reservoir Geologist and Area Geologists to develop accurate geological models for use in simulations;
- Work with Drilling and Completions on fluid/rock and fluid/fluid compatibilities;
- Estimate recoveries and production profile when appropriate data is available; recommend a course of action for data capture if it is not;
- Conduct or manage consultants to complete numerical reservoir simulations;
- Stay current on emerging technologies that could improve reservoir performance and match these new technologies to candidate reservoirs.
- Act as Project Manager for all reservoir engineering studies;
- Primarily responsible for the scheduling and on-time execution of all phases of all reservoir studies;
- Ensure that all studies projects are fully scheduled, with the proper timelines and dependencies in place for each component;
- Ensure all projects are kicked-off in time to meet budgeted start-up dates;
- Oversee the progress of each step of each project;
- Identify variances up-front and co-ordinate the necessary remedial efforts with all groups to get projects back on schedule;
- Ensure costs and timelines are accurately tracked.
Economics and Evaluations
- Be familiar with the current economic regimes and be able to conduct economic evaluations of proposed projects;
- Prepare budget items related to reservoir engineering needs;
- Ensure annual work plans capture and accurately identify the necessary reservoir studies for each area.
- Provide recommendations for potential addition to reserves on annual basis to increase the value of the projects.
- Be familiar with the Alberta Directive 65 Application and Approval process and the similar regulations for B.C., and Saskatchewan;
- Ensure activities will satisfy these requirements and maintain compliance;
- Be capable of preparing and submitting these applications;
- Other duties may apply.
- Engineering degree and membership in APEGGA (or equivalent)
- 10 to 15 years’ experience, ideally including production and reservoir roles
- Must be open to feedback and willing to learn
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Strong project and program management skills
- Strong economic and economic modeling skills – proficient in Val Nav
- Risk management skills
- Adept with the Microsoft Office Suite of Software
- Proficient on using the following engineering application would be an asset: :
- CMG Reservoir Modeling Suite
- Fekete PTA and Virtuwell software
- Value Navigator
- PVR (field data capture reporting tool)
- PW Outlook (QByte)
Harvest Operations Corp. provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including both short term and long term incentive plans. We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and opportunities for career advancement. Please visit Harvest’s website at www.harvestenergy.ca to learn more about our company.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Harvest Operations Corp.
1500, 700 – 2nd Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2W1
*Please reference “Job Posting - #10005 – Reservoir Engineer” in the subject of your email.
***If you apply directly via LinkedIn, please be sure to attach a resume for consideration.***
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.