|Date Posted||November 12, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Energy XXI is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company whose growth strategy emphasizes acquisitions, enhanced by its value-added organic drilling program. The company's properties are located in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico waters and the Gulf Coast onshore. We are currently looking to fill the position ofReservoir Engineer on the Business Deveoplment Team in Houston, Texas.
- Perform independent engineering analysis of acquisition candidates, including determination of reserves by category, rate performance, and capital and operating cost estimates. Incorporate information into economic model and run sensitivities. Recommend a course of action.
- Work closely with the Exploitation, Exploration, Operations, Production, Marketing, Legal and Land Departments, company management, and contractors to coordinate acquisition activities.
- Generate risked economics for potential drilling, recompletion and work over projects to incorporate into acquisition database.
- Actively look for and screen acquisition opportunities in support of the company's strategic plan. May work with multi-disciplinary teams to identify and evaluate unsolicited acquisition opportunities strategic to our existing assets.
- Act as liaison with contract personnel and consultants as needed to complete evaluations and close transactions.
- Assist in generating, checking, and troubleshooting issues within the acquisition database. Become proficient with the economics software package utilized by company.
- Involvement in data room evaluations both online and potentially involving travel.
- Prepare presentations and reports for management.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality required for acquisition and divestiture work.
- Develop networks to represent company and help identify assets, partnerships, mergers and/or takeovers that may be of interest to company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in reservoir engineering
- Gulf of Mexico experience
- Acquisition/divestment evaluation experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency strongly preferred.
- Aries proficiency a plus.
- Spotfire proficiency a plus
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with other E&P personnel.